Saturday, September 29, 2007

Some Old Times...

So, I was just looking through some old pictures on our computer, and I thought I would share some! These are all from around the time that Trent and I first started dating, around the end of April 2006. Enjoy!


This is our first "family" picture... One of the members of our bishopric was a photographer, so he had all the FHE groups over for a photo shoot...

Also at the photo shoot.... We found out three is too many for a piggy-back ride. My pelvis was dying, so I can't imagine how Trent's back felt!

This is our friend Tyler, who Trent met on his mission, then lived with at BYU. This is what we call the Tyler Face... It's an old classic that brings joy to our hearts whenever we see it...

...And whenever we imitate it!


Here is Trent and I on our 2nd date. We went to a Yellow Card concert in Salt Lake. It was my first concert and I was very excited to go out with Trent again (it had been a month and a half since our first date), so I bought a new shirt and wore more eye make-up than usual...haha...girls are so funny, huh?

This is in the car on the way to that date. We hit a lot of traffic, so my friend Jackie, who was in the back seat with Jeff Andersen was teaching us some sign language in the down time... We're not high-fiving this picture, we're actually both doing the sign for "car crashing into a tree"..Who knew there even was one!



Okay, so the background on this picture is that I worked as a TA for an Elementary Ed Physical Science class for a few semesters. After the experiments we would do with electric circuits, we would tell about different teaching applications, including an experiment with a pickle. I always wanted to try it out, so I convinced Trent to do it with me. I bought a jar of pickles and an extension cord from Walmart and we went to town! Beforehand, I had cut the end of the extension cord with the holes off with wire cutters and stripped some of the plastic off that end of the wires. Then we wrapped the two wires around two forks and poked them into a pickle. Here comes the creative part...we had to figure out how to make it stay up, so we poked the other ends of the forks into some stale rolls and used the dish from Trent's crockpot as a support. We were kind of nervous of whether Trent would get electricuted when he plugged the cord in, so he wore a rubber dish glove with a ski glove on top just to be safe....
So, we plugged it in, and it GLOWED!!!!!! It was like a little yellow pickle light bulb! It kind of sizzled a little, and made Trent's apartment smell, strangely enough, like pickles! The picture below is what it looked like with the lights turned off! Cool..... Yeah, we're nerds..

2 comments:

WCJ said...

Nice work with the pickle!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe it actually works!! I'll be honest I had my doubts but that is definitely one of the coolest things I've seen in my lifetime!! How are you both?!