These are the most recent photos of my poor face. As you can see, the damage is nearly unnoticeable, thanks to an awesome Dr. McLane and her stitching skills. For a little while before and after the stitches were in my lip I tried to grow out a mustache to cover them up. Luckily we didn't post any pictures, because it looked ridiculous. I just can't grow the facial hair like brother Jeff. The hairs that did sprout weren't just blonde, they were white, and might as well have been clear like toothbrush bristles. Maybe once I become a real man I'll be able to grow a real-man mustache. Until then I just need to avoid cutting my scar open while shaving. Easier said than done, I'm afraid.
Elizabeth's student teaching has been going well even though she doubts her performance at times. She hasn't got a leg to stand on, though, because one of her supervisors told her that she had taught the best lesson he had seen all week and would recommend her as a full-time teacher to any principal. She reminded me that her last day of teaching is only two months from tomorrow, then all she has left to do is decide what food to have at the graduation party. Time flies!
Classes are going all right for me. I took an authentic MCAT practice test last week and didn't do too bad on it, surprisingly, despite the fact that there are still four classes I need to finish to have all the prerequisites done. So, there's only room for improvement. Needless to say, the pressure has been alleviated somewhat, and I'm pretty sure there's at least one medical school out there that would take us. We'll find out in about nine months!
1 comment:
Looking good Trent!! You heal fast :) And I agree, Jeff's facial hair is the best in the fam :)
Post a Comment