No, we still don't have a name picked out for our baby... At first I blamed it on Trent because I thought all the names he likes are weird. But I realized that I'm not much help either, since there aren't really very many boy names that I like very much. With my luck we'll have like 10 boys and it will be a struggle every time (and they'll all end up with ugly names)...
Anyway, we have both agreed on the fact that we don't want a name that's too popular right now. Sadly, this is why Mason, the name I liked the most is out... It's gotten pretty popular in the last couple of years. Now the part that's difficult, is that I like names that, while not overly popular are still fairly common... I don't know if common is the right word, but names that don't sound like something made up or like a name someone chose because they thought it would be a 'cool' name. This being said, Trent likes ones that are much less common. Oh, he also wants a name that he can shorten to one syllable for a nickname (good for yelling out at sporting events, and whatnot :).
So, if you have any suggestions we'd love to hear them. By the way, if you get really excited about helping us come up with names and want to check out the popularity of a name you can go to babynamewizard.com and check out this thing called the Name Voyager... It's pretty sweet.
7 comments:
BOBBI or BOBBY in your case. I don see the problem. If it turns out to be a girl last second, then i still see no problem. ;)
Disclaimer:
Sometimes Elizabeth confuses the adjective "weird" with "awesome."
I still vote for Seth...or is that too high on the popular list?
When do you get yoru MCAT scores?
Tuesday.
Elizabeth,
I totally know how you feel. I keep telling Richard that we need to have a lot of girls because there are tons of girl names I like but not many boy names! Here are a few suggestions though...
1.Carter
2. Cole
3. Hunter
4. David
5. Tyson
I'm sorry if those aren't helpful at all!!! Good luck!!! :)
Well, although Mason fits our baby just perfectly, you can also consider our other top two choices
1- Weston (So, Trent can call him Wes) Plus, this name hasnt been too popular lately
2- Carter (Doesnt really help though on calling him Car, but you never know)
Post a Comment