Yeah, I'm not so great at updating this blog lately...sorry! One of these days soon I've got some more pictures to post and that sort of thing. Mostly we're just going about life as usual.
We're still in the process of figuring out where we're going next year...We've gotten 3 acceptances so far, and out of those we're leaning toward Midwestern University in Glendale, AZ. Trent has an interview at Creighton on Friday, making 3 schools we're still waiting to hear from. The other stressful part of figuring it all out is the situation with the moolah. We're tempted to let the air force pay for it all...but that would mean 8 years of required military service! Meaning we wouldn't really be in control of our own lives until Trent's pushing 38, I'm 36, and William's 14. Yikes. But being without med school debt would be great afterward, and they help you out pretty well during school as well...oh my, what to do, what to do??
I've been having fun mixing vegetable purees into our dinners lately... tonight we're having chili with sweet potato puree in it, and for dessert banana bread with cauliflower puree. I've also been doing some blogging lately on my idea blog. If you want to see how we celebrated Valentine's day or how the dresser I painted to use as an entertainment center turned out, you should go check it out at That's {FAM}tastic!
William's got several words he uses regularly. Too bad they're so far from the real ones that no one besides us would know what he's talking about! Here are some of his favorite things to say:
bog-bah: cracker
mong-mah: xbox
TD: TV
b'kie: book(ie)
shooz-shon: shoes (on)
shock-shon: socks
quah-quah: chocolate
dink-dink (or jink-jink): drink
food: food
seat: sit, seat, or chair
p'tah: pizza
3 comments:
I love those little words, they're so cute! And we're 90% sure we're going to let the navy pay for Jordan's optometry school. I just hate the idea of so much debt! But everyone is different in what they want to do I guess! The military is not a bad way to go though, if you don't mind military life for a while.
Don't go for the military. It's generally a bad idea to let someone else own your life. Lots of docs go to school and then work in a rural setting to get massive chunks of debt forgiven. You would have a significantly better chance of A) surviving an armed conflict on foreign soil B) not being called up after the eight years are up and C) choosing where you'll live for eight years after school. Finally, docs make enough that even if you don't go for either route, you'll be fine. You won't have a Lexus for a few years, but it's not like you'll be starving.
Just live as cheaply as possible. Unless the military is a lifestyle you're willing to commit to for 12 years, and you should do lots of research and talk to lots of people tos ee if it is, just try to make ends meet. Find an apartment or storage unit complex to manage, and coupon like crazy, and try to live on as little as possible.
Thank goodness you have choices this year! We're still waiting anxiously to hear back from PhD programs, and it would be a relief to know we had an offer somewhere.
Post a Comment