We took him to the doctor today for his 4 month check up, and she said that he is doing great. As always, she said he has a great head shape. She said he seems great developmentally, reaching for things, following the light on the ...light thingy... and also socially, with his smiles and general cuteness. She listened to his heart for kind of a long time, which kind of started to get me worried, but she said it was fine, she just had to listen for a bit because he was breathing hard from a combination of excitement and his cold. The doctor seemed very impressed that he was holding Trent's hands and standing up on the exam table when she came in... He's an old pro at that trick.
Here are the new measurements:
Weight: 14lbs, 10.5 oz. (25th %)
Weight: 14lbs, 10.5 oz. (25th %)
Height: 24.25 inches (almost 50th %)
Head Circumference: 42.5 cm (just above 50th%)
I will admit that I thought he might weigh more than that. But I was glad to hear that he's doing great, and also have all my questions answered.
She told me that in 2 weeks I can stop feeding him in the middle of the night, because he should be able to go 10 hours at night without eating then. Also, I asked how often he should be eating during the day (because he likes to eat quite frequently) and she said he should be eating every 4-6 hours durning the day. Yay! haha...that means I can get him to stop eating every two hours!
She also said we could start feeding him solids if we wanted, but she would reccommend waiting another month, so it's easier for us. So I guess next month I'll go buy a high chair and some spoons and plastic bowls and rice cereal! Wow, he's so big.
So I think tonight I might actually try to start the sleep training or whatever you want to call it. I've been saying I'm going to start this bedtime routine and teach him to put himself to sleep since Christmas, but it hasn't happened yet. I've just not been looking forward to the impending screaming that I know will happen. But tonight at least I can watch Biggest Loser while he cries. I'll just have to find something to entertain me Wednesday and Thursday nights while Trent is in West Virginia! (Pray for him, he's having his med school interview Thursday morning!!!)
Anyway, we've been enjoying these four months! I mean, just look at my baby, he's adorable. How could we not love him? And it's so fun now with him being on the brink of sitting, rolling over, and being interested in lots of new things. He's just perfect. And even though I don't get a whole lot done most days (or even leave the house because it's so ridiculously cold outside) I wouldn't trade him for anything!
3 comments:
Cute, he sounds like so much fun! I can't believe that he is that old already. Good luck with him going to bed, I hope he doesn't scream too much for you! We have some movies you can borrow if you want :)
Trent's right about the bikini thing, but it's cute anyway. You sound so happy and I'm glad he's doing so well. It's really worth it to teach them how to put themselves to sleep, although it's hard for a few days. At least with Mary it was warmer outside so I would go sit on the step while she cried it out.
It only gets more fun from here! 4 months onward is the best! Do you have one of those crib lullaby things? That always helped Chase get to sleep on his own. I think they like something comforting them and something to look at. When we were little my mom recorded herself reading stories and left that in our room to fall asleep to. It is hard at first, but it's worth it!
Post a Comment