Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I'm tired of looking at those dancing elves.

Well... we have lots to post about. I guess while I was out of the room during our visit with Trent's family I got called out on not blogging as frequently as I used to...so here's at least an update. I'll post pictures from the break later. It was wonderful and we loved it.

We got back home on January 1, 2010. The next day we went to Sea World for the last time before it reopens in March. It was fun; we got to see the Christmas Shamu and sea lion shows. Trent and I were like little kids, since neither of us had seen a show like that in several years. Man, it's really amazing. I'll post pictures of this later also.

I got my blood tested again that Monday and found out my hormone level was down to 5, so after I go tomorrow (when it will hopefully be 0) I'll only have to go get my blood tested once a month! And that's supposed to be for 6 months, and THEN we can try to get pregnant again. Maybe I can talk her down to 4 or 5 months. I just don't want William to end up having his closest-in-age sibling as far apart as mine were. When I was younger I wished I had a brother or sister closer to my age, and the longer we have to wait, the farther apart William and the next baby will be. Anyway, I guess if this experience has taught me anything, it is to appreciate the fact that I can have children, since so many people can't. So, I'm sorry if I sound greedy. I guess I'm just getting a little baby hungry (such a weird expression..not sure how I feel about that one).

Then Tuesday William and I each had a doctor's appointment. William's was a 15 month check up and immunizations. The doctor said he looks good. Here's how he's weighing in these days:

Height: 30.5 inches (30th percentile)
Weight: 22.38 pounds (30th percentile)
Head: 19.25 inches (>50th percentile)

It was funny, when I asked the doctor to show the percentiles on his computer, his head circumference from 12 months to 15 months jumped from around the 30th to what looked like 50th or 60th. The doctor just said "he's average". I was thinking this was him being polite and not wanting to tell me that his head was big. Trent and I said it was because he has such a big brain. My mom (who is my go-to nurse) said most likely one of the 2 nurses measured it wrong, and it hadn't actually grown that much in 3 months. Probably true, but I thought it was funny.

That afternoon I went to a regular family practice type doctor for a couple of things I wanted checked out. Turns out the lumps on my neck were just lymph nodes (phew! I was worried I was dying or something). Also, the main reason I went was to see what I could get done about my scalp. He looked at it and said he thinks it is psoriasis. He gave me prescriptions for a $15 little bottle of medicated shampoo and at $17.50 tiny bottle of clear liquid stuff. It's been helping a little, but it's still there. And unfortunately psoriasis isn't one of those things that just goes away...and my tiny bottle already feels like it's running low...darn. Life is so expensive. I told my mom that, and she said I was worth it. Thanks Mom :) Anyway, if you've ever seen me scratching my head or having flakes on my shoulders...don't judge me people! It's psoriasis, and I'll probably have it till the day I die. Darn.

Since then we've just been trying to get back into the swing of things. We wrote some New Year's resolutions, which I love doing. Especially this year for some reason. I just feel like it's my year (as corny as that sounds). I just feel motivated to get more done and do better. Maybe because it's still early in the year and I haven't messed up too much yet! I also posted on my other blog a list of projects I want to get done this year. I'm hoping I can stay on track! It kind of makes me sad to hear people say "I don't believe in new years resolutions"...but I guess most people get more done most of the time than I do, so I need the extra motivation that setting new goals gives me.

In other big news...the dresser we bought at the Salvation Army to use as an entertainment center is FINALLY in working order!!! I say in in working order, because it's not exactly finished...but as good as it's gonna get anytime soon. Just the very bottom side pieces need to be painted. But honestly...It might not get done till after we move and I have to pull out the paint and do touch ups on the places it will inevitably get banged up in the move. And you know what, I'm totally fine with it the way it is. Even if one of the handles is crooked. I guess anything is better than the monstrosity it was before hanging out in our living room on a giant plastic drop cloth (FOR MONTHS!). Anyway, I'll post a picture of that later too.

In other {REAL} big news, Trent got another interview! I wasn't expecting anymore, since it's already January, but on the 21st of this month he'll be in Morgantown, West Virginia interviewing at the MD school there. It's great to know he's gotten in somewhere...but still crazy that we could potentially be moving to any of 4 different states 6 months from now.

Well...that's about all I've got to say right now. Later.

5 comments:

Kadee said...

It's like you read my mind...I too got called out on blogging less, I too have been more excited than normal about New Years Resolutions, and I too haven't even put Christmas pictures up yet! Thanks for making me feel better. :)

Ashley Packard said...

Yay! I am so excited you posted. It took me a while after we got back from vacation. Congrats on the entertainment center and another interview for Trent!

Cdixon said...

Hi! Aunt Carolyn here....go buy some "jojoba oil" at a health food store...it will do wonders for your scalp!

kira said...

I've heard that tanning can help psoriasis, but I don't know if that would help if it's on your head. And I don't know if it's worth the risks of tanning, if something else will work, too. I was excited to see an update on your blog. :) I hope you're doing well.

Bobbi Leavitt said...

Yea for blood count being 5! I got away with only waiting 7 months. You will have another baby before you know it!