William just went down for a nap, and I have a ton of stuff I should be doing (well about 3 more things on my list for today) but I just want a break first. I got the crazy idea to actually post something on here. I know, a rare occurrence these days. So I figured I'd go with it...maybe it has something to do with the fact that there's been a picture of me at the top of the blog for too long... That being said, I don't have anything particular to post about, but here are some little things that have been going on around here.
I vacuumed today, with our NEW vacuum. We bought it last Monday, while we were at Walmart picking up various other supplies. Our old vacuum was the $60 one we got for a wedding gift. We figured if we registered for a cheap one someone might actually buy it and we wouldn't have to spend our own money on one. That worked out quite nicely for us, but since we moved here our cute little green vacuum just wasn't getting the job done as well as she used to. Perhaps it is just old age (our 4th anniversary is in December), or the thicker carpet in this house, or a combination of both. Either way, it'll be on its way to Goodwill soon, I'm sure. We bought a new Hoover vacuum. My sister's is a Hoover and she and my mom both said how great they think it is, so we decided to go with a similar one. It seems to work really well, which is always great, and also fairly disgusting, when you see how much hair and grime accumulates in your house in the span of a week. Two great things about it are that the filter is hand washable so you don't have to buy a new one to keep it up, and it's got a retractable cord that's really great.
William is a little talking champ these days. He's not quite to full-on conversations yet, but he's pretty good at stringing sentences together. It's pretty darn cute. He loves singing songs. He sang Do as I'm Doing in the car on the way home from church yesterday, which I was pretty impressed with, since we haven't really sung that one at home with him. He is so quick to pick things up. He likes to sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Old MacDonald ("Yi-Yi-Yo"), and he's tried the ABC song a few times lately. If we ask him what song he wants to sing at bedtime, it's usually I Love to See the Temple and Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam. Before his nap today he had me sing the Snowman song. If you catch him in the right mood he's a good little counter too. One morning a week or so ago he wanted to take a bath, so I let him take one for fun. He played in there for so long and a lot of it was spent counting all of his little foam letters. He can count from 1 to 3, then if you help him with 4 he will usually count from 5 to 10 all by himself. Not bad considering he isn't even 2 yet! If you don't help him, it usually goes 1, 2, 3, 9. And for some reason he likes the number 20, too.
One of his favorite activities is building with his blocks in a "tent" (aka a blanket draped over the space between the couch and the glider). He's pretty needy though, so he won't generally go in there and do it by himself, he needs me to go in with him. And if I try to sit back against the wall or something, he lets me know that I need to be IN the tent, and will pull on my hand until I finally give in. He's also gotten pretty good at blowing bubbles by himself when we go out in the backyard to play.
Trent's busy with school. On a normal day he comes home between 6:30 and 7:30. He joined a whole bunch of clubs last week and will be doing some volunteering with those organizations.
I'm wearing a pair of pajamas right now, because they also happen to be my painting clothes. I should really get some done while William is still asleep. I really want to have the living room and kitchen all painted by Trent's white coat ceremony on Oct. 1st. Sounds like a good goal, right? There's not too much left of those rooms, it's just a matter of finally getting it done! And I'd love to have William's bathroom done around then too, because my mom and David will be coming to stay with us for a few days on October 7th! I'm so excited for them to come. They said they'd help me with a few projects while they're here too, so that's super nice.
Anyway, speaking of projects, I better go get started painting now or I won't get any done before naptime is over.
2 comments:
That is so fun that he is singing nursery songs. Mason likes to do the actions to different songs but hasn't yet showed us he knows the words. Too bad we don't have William around to teach Mason. :)
William is so adorable and is going to be a great big brother! I can't wait to see pictures of all the painting you are doing. Send some of your domestic skills my way!
We hope we get to see you guys at Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment