That's a direct quote from William. He says "get mark, get set, go!" quite often, because he likes running races in the living room; or sometimes he says it before going down the slide at the playground.
He's also started saying, "Be that fun?", which I'm pretty sure is him trying to ask, "Wouldn't that be fun?" like we ask him about things we are about to do. We get comments all the time on what a good talker he is. What a smart boy.
Something kind of funny... He has some new little friends, sisters named Skye and Larkin. He doesn't have any trouble with Larkin's name (at first he was adding a G to the end and calling her Larking, but he's got that figured out now), but with Skye's he's just a little confused and calls her "Sun". I just think it's funny that he realizes her name is something associated with the sky, but just isn't quite there...
In other news, my belly is big enough now that I've officially gotten to the point where people see it, ask me when my baby is due, and are surprised that it's not until the end of January. And then they assure me it will come earlier. That would be nice, but I don't want to get my hopes up, only to have the little guy show up late.
I've also gotten to the point where, after bending over for a while (such as buckling a squirming 2 year old into a carseat) I totally feel like a big fatty pregnant woman, out of breath and uncomfortable from bending over a big belly. Aaaaaand that's just going to get worse over the next 3 months!
As a side note, if you're ever pregnant, never underestimate the power of a well-fitting maternity shirt to make you feel more like a normal human being. I just got a plain grey v-neck maternity shirt with the gathering down the sides from Ross for $6, and it is wonderful. It fits like a normal shirt fits a non-pregnant person, and I'm currently (wearing it and) loving not feeling like I'm busting out of the non-maternity shirts I'd been squeezing into and not feeling like I'm walking around in a tent/moomoo (mumu? How do you spell that??). Anyway. That's my opinion on that.
Now is the unfortunate time of day (during William's nap) where I usually am simultaneously craving something sweet and really feeling like a nap would be nice. Really, pretty much every day this happens. And it wouldn't be so bad, but I don't really want to eat something sweet, then go take a nap and wake up with that gross sugary feeling/taste in my mouth. So I usually have a personal battle until either hunger or tiredness wins out. What will it be today? So far it feels like they are pretty evenly matched, but the nap just may win.
5 comments:
When in doubt, take a nap. You'll wish you did it more when you no longer have the chance!!
BTW what are you guys going to be naming this new little one?
Yeah, I agree with Nicole. Names please? Have you made a decision?
Ohh. I want to see your baby belly!! :) You're the cutest pregnant person ever. btw. Love Will's stories. He's a funny little guy.
muumuu.
And enjoy your baby belly!
i know exactly how you feel with the big belly! did not expect to get this big, this fast. already surpassed the weight i gained with Landon :(
Post a Comment