Monday, February 7, 2011

A.K.A. and William's thoughts on nursing.

William is such a funny boy. I wish I was better at writing down the funny things he says and does. We sure love him.

For a while now, he often slips things into conversations that are lines from tv shows or books. I notice it when he says something in a way that Trent and I don't usually say it. For example he's been going around talking about 'picture books' lately. Not that that's weird, we just don't generally verbalize the difference between a picture book and any other type of book...we generally just call them all 'books'. He got that one from a Little Critter book called The New Baby.

Anyway, along those lines, (and this is where the A.K.A. part of the title comes in) William has been going around for a couple of weeks referring to himself as Donald, me as Minnie, and Trent as Goofy. It's pretty funny, because he does it at random points throughout the day, and it isn't even usually connected to outright imaginative play, but more along the lines of "Can I have some water, Minnie?" Or tonight, when he gave Trent a big hug after FHE and said in his "sweet" voice, "I love you, Goofy." I asked him the other day who Jonas was, and he said "Baby Goofy" but as of today he seems to have changed it to "Baby Donald". Silly boy. We are sometimes also known as Mommy/Daddy Tiger/Bear/Ghost/etc... and the other day William called himself Caillou and me Grandpa.

So, William has taken notice of how Jonas eats, and seems to have been processing this information for the last few days. A few days ago, he pointed at Jonas nursing and said, "It's like a bottle." Which I thought was very smart. (Side note: lately when you give W a compliment like, You're so smart/handsome/cute, he responds with "I am!") Then, this morning he was hanging out with Jonas on the bed and said something along the lines of "I'll feed him with my tummy" (lifting up his shirt). Then this afternoon I was nursing J and William looked at him and made a face and said "That's disgusting, Baby Brother!".

He makes me laugh, the funny kid.

5 comments:

Kristi H. said...

How cute! Isn't it amazing how smart they are at this age?

Laura said...

I LOVE this age. Cami is right around there, too, and she does the same thing about the names. Like...the SAME thing. Except that She is ariel mermaid, Noah is flounder fish, I am 'caw-caw bird' and Blair is 'snap-snap' crab. It's so fun! Oh, and she feeds her stuffed puppy by lifting her shirt up all the time. Cracks me up...The other day she said "Cami doesn't drink mommy milk, she drinks COW milk". They learn things SO fast!

Nicole said...

Today at the dr office Bradley wanted the dr to check him out too, so the doctor asked him if he had a boo boo, and Bradley lifted up his shirt to show his "boo boo's"

Yep. So fun!

Jessica Macdonald said...

Congrats on your beautiful boy! I miss you so much!

Jessie said...

Oh cute! ha. That William is so funny. It seems like you could just laugh all day with that boy around. :)