Tuesday, July 15, 2008

This Just In...

31P

Not great, but not too bad either. For those of you who are oblivious to the scoring of the MCAT, prepare to be enlightened. There are four sections to the test: Physical Sciences (physics and chemistry), Verbal Reasoning (read a passage, answer questions), two writing samples, and Biological Sciences (physiology, biology, and organic chemistry). The writing samples are given a letter grade from worst (a J or something) to really good (an S or a T). The writing samples aren't that big of a deal unless you're applying to Yale or Stanford or some crazy high-ranking school. I've heard some say that the whole purpose of the writing samples is to wear you down before the biology section. The other three sections are graded on a scale from 1 to 15, 15 being the best. I got a 9 on the Verbal Reasoning and a pair of 11's on the two sciences. The national average is usually 32Q.

I was hoping to score a little higher, at least on the verbal reasoning, but I looked at the average scores of people that were accepted to all the schools I'm applying to and they're right where my score is. That made me feel a little better, like I still have a shot at getting in somewhere. It sure feels nice to have that over and done with. Now I just have to put some finishing touches on my personal statement and submit my finished application this week. Then the secondary applications should start piling up, then, hopefully, interview requests during the latter part of the year.

We leave Thursday after class for Vegas. We're super excited for Kadee and Troy. Troy is a good guy, and they'll be great together. I think we've probably spent more time with them as a couple than anyone else, and Liz and I agree that it's a good match.

We are also super excited to see all the family this weekend. It feels like it's been a while, so we're really looking forward to it. I just hope that the wind takes a break on Saturday so we can get some wakeboarding in. It would also be nice to catch the new Batman movie. It looks awesome.

Also, what's up with no one giving us name ideas?! We thought we'd have an overwhelming response. We still don't have any solid ideas, so come on folks, we need all the help we can get. Time's a-tickin'.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats Trent!! What Med schools are you applying too?

Sorry I have to name ideas :( I'm selfish and want to keep my names to myself for all the rest of my boys :)

WCJ said...

Great score, Trent! As for names, I've always been partial to 'William...'

Anonymous said...

Way to go Elder Leavitt!!!! Our Sealing is going to be at 1:00 on Saturday the 26th. And as for a name!?!?!? Duh Tate isn't very common....LOL

Let me know if you can make it, and I will get you picked up.
Thanks,
Tate

Kristi H. said...

Hi Trent!! Congrats on the baby and school stuff! Wow I haven't seen you in forever. Gina, Trista, and I hung out with Mark, Chandler, and Jared the other night... like old times :) I can't believe we're all old and married now with kiddies!! You're gonna be a great dad. Oh, and I agree with Litany. I have great name ideas but I'm not blabbing them to anyone!! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the baby Trent! I saw a picture of your wife at graduation with another girl. Is her name Laura? Anyway you can't asked people for baby names,mom's get into fist fights over that kind of stuff.