Monday, August 4, 2008

The end of July

Lots of fun things have been going on lately, and I've been too lazy to post about any of them. So I will just do this the easiest way possible, in bullet form. Sorry, no pictures today, but hopefully we'll add them in soon!
  • We went to Vegas about 2 weekends ago for Kadee and Troy's wedding! Such a fun trip! We left on Thursday, the 17th and got there in time to hang out for a little while before going to the Las Vegas Temple to do a session--Kadee's first time, yay! The next morning we were back at the temple for the sealing. It was so great to be there with all of Trent's family and see such a special part of Kadee and Troy's lives. Then outside in the heat (thankfully it was only 9:30 or 10 by the time got outside) for lots of pictures. The wedding luncheon was also nice, at a country club down there. That night was the reception in Rod and Cindy's backyard--it was beautiful! What can I say, I love pink, and all the tables and chairs had pretty pink material on them. Plus the food was really yummy! I love those Italian sodas! And it was nice because I got to see my old roomie/buddy Celina there! After the reception, a group of us left to go see the new Batman movie. I liked it okay, but in all honesty I fell asleep somewhere toward the end and I think I missed some important parts... Oh well.. I'm not too torn up about it. The next day I went with Cindy while she shopped for a few bridal shower presents (their ward is wedding central these days I guess) and she bought me some super cute baby stuff at Target!! We got cute onesies and pants, waterproof bibs, recieving blankets, and a couple of other cute things! Thanks Cindy! Then that evening we had a fun birthday party for our nephew Bennett, who turned 1 recently. It was a barbeque/pool party. So fun! Then, sadly, we had to go back to our real lives in Provo on Sunday afternoon.

Sorry Jeff, I didn't mean to cut our out of the picture....just my poor photography skills at work. To top it off the memory card was full after this picture so I didn't get any of when all of the brothers were holding Kadee...
  • When we got to Vegas, though, Bobbi had a nice present for me! She brought me a big bag full of maternity clothes to borrow!! How great is that! What can I say, at least half (maybe more like 75%) of what I wear these days is borrowed, either from Bobbi or Amy, a cute girl in my ward. It's just great how nice people can be when you're pregnant! So thanks Bobbi!
  • We also came back from Vegas with Trent's old set of golf clubs he got as a teenager. That next Monday we went to the driving range for family home evening and hit a couple of buckets of balls. Of course I had to have Trent teach me the proper technique, because I've never played golf in my life (unless putt-putt counts...but obviously that doesn't involve "driving" the ball or whatever the word is for hitting it far). I got frustrated for a little while because I thought I was doing what Trent told me too but I kept whacking the ground with the club, which really doesn't feel very good... I think I got a little better toward the end though. I'm just not coordinated to do all of the 20 different things you have to do at once to hit a ball. I discovered this same truth again that weekend when we went bowling with Jordan after Kadee and Troy's open house. Oh well. This is why I'm not an athlete.
  • A few nights ago we went to Macey's and met Kadee, Troy, Tyson, and Bobbi for ice cream. It was fun to chat with everyone. Those cones are huge, by the way, and tasty! Then a day or two later we met Kadee and Troy at Movies 8 to see Iron Man. This time I stayed awake the whole time (I fell asleep the first time we saw this one too).
  • Friday night, after Trent's intramural softball game, we came home and reorganized our second bedroom (according to an epiphany I'd had a few days earlier) to make it look a little more like a baby room than a storage room with a crib in it. We're pretty happy with the new arrangment. It's still not quite a baby room yet, though. I've got about 12 yards of fabric I need to make into curtains for the window, the closet (yep, no closet doors in Wymount), and to cover the huge shelf with. I also made Trent agree to go with me to Ikea during his break from school where I hope to find a red or multicolored striped rug to go on the floor, and maybe some other cute things. And we're hoping to get a nice glider and ottoman. We've already got a big empty space waiting for that!
  • I did make a little progress on the curtains today though... I've been putting it off because I've never made curtains before and was worried they'd turn out ugly. So I started simple, by making a little one to hang on the tension rod we bought to cover the gap between our blinds and the window sill created by the window AC unit in our bedroom. That turned out fine, so I moved on the valance for the baby room. And hello, and I amazing or what! It practically looks like a professional made it. Well maybe not that good, but I am quite impressed with how it turned out. If all the other aforementioned curtains turn out that well we'll be well on our way to having a real baby room!
  • I forgot to mention our ultrasound that we got last week. It was with another specialist to check on the same things as before (spot in the heart, bright bowels). Basically they didn't tell us anything new in that department. That there is a possibility of something being wrong because of those signs, but not very probable that there is anything the matter. I guess this is one of those "no news is good news" situations. But, here is something cool the technician showed us: She showed us the hair he already has growing on his head! She said he'd probably have a lot of hair by the time he's born, which I think will be so cute! She also said he is measuring about 2 weeks ahead of schedule. But I guess you never know. Caroline said her first baby was measuring ahead and ended up being a week late anyway.

Well I think that is most of the exciting stuff that's been going on. Other than that we're just up to the usual. Trent is finishing up his last week of summer classes this week, with finals next Wednesday. I've just been working or hanging out at home. I worked a lot last week, and will be working kind of a lot this week too, but I guess it's nice to get paid, right? Speaking of which, Trent got a job reffing intramural soccer again this fall. He'll start in September sometime. Trent's also been busy getting all of his medical school applications in, and is now working on the secondary applications for a few schools! Tonight we're going with another couple from our ward to see an outdoor movie at the park, which should be fun. And of course we're really looking forward to our trip to Mexico in a couple weeks with Trent's family! that will be a nice break. Hopefully a whole week if I get it off of work like I requested! Anyway, this post should cover us till we have time to blog about that!

3 comments:

Autumn said...

Liz, you can't judge your athletic ability by anything you do while pregnant!!!! Stick with making curtains :)

Bobbi Leavitt said...

I might add that you look WAY cuter than I ever did in those maternity clothes. I love your bump! I cant wait for little Drake to get here!

Nicole said...

I think we need some pictures of these masterpiece curtains. Sounds like you guys are having lots of fun.