Sunday, August 10, 2008

Opening Ceremonies/Munchies/FRIENDS!

Friday night was SO fun! I was so excited about it because my friend Jackie would be coming over to visit, as well as my other friend Libbi who I haven't seen in like 2 years, since before her mission! It was so fun! It felt just like old times! And of course the opening ceremonies were SO cool! They really know how to throw a party there in China! So here are some pictures of the fun event!

Okay, so we weren't actually ready to take the picture in this one...as you can tell by my face...but I thought I'd include it since you can see the aftermath of all the yummy snacks we ate...at one point that bowl of salsa was completely full, as were two big plates, with brownies and apples for the caramel dip! It was delightful!

Here we are! This was so fun! As Trent and I were looking at these pictures a few minutes ago, I was just noticing how large I'm looking these days and said to him, "Look at my girth!" to which he replied, "I've never seen such girth!" Anyway, it was just kind of a funny exchange, I thought.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Hmmm... girth. I remember one time after Mary was born and I was hungry and looking through the fridge to find something to eat. Timothy said "What are you doing foraging?" Only I thought he said "What are you doing, Gorging?" Anyway it really hurt my feelings and I started to cry, even when he repeated himself and I knew what he said, I was still very said, so be careful what you say Trent. She might not think it's funny after the baby comes.

Elizabeth said...

haha.....that makes me laugh!

Anonymous said...

I think it's a cute girth :)