So, Will's been having a hard time with the whole sleeping at night, staying awake during the day thing, lately, but last night was pretty good. I didn't think I'd ever be so happy to get four and a half non-consecutive hours of sleep in one night. Here was how it went:
12:45--went down in his crib (finally)
2:45--woke up and ate (and tried hard not to fall asleep)
4:00--back down in the crib
6:30--up to eat, and since it was now technically morning, read a book and had some boppy/tummy time before taking a nap at 8:30.
The last few nights I've been watching tv while we're up in the living room, and of course with our very limited cable, pretty much nothing good to see there...Married with Children comes on in the middle of the night--yuck. But last night I was pleased to discover that Martha Stewart was on at 2:45... I'll have to keep that in mind.
I think I'm going to go back to trying to keep him awake more during the day, because that seemed to be working before. We'll see how tonight goes!
6 comments:
You will have to let me know if Martha gives any good ideas! :) I hope he starts sleeping more so that you can, good luck! hang in there.
Oh my goodness, I know what you mean. Tyra is on here at 3am and that is probably the only thing I can kinda stand watching in the middle of the night. So, lately I found a new love. I got into LOST and I watch it on abc.com when Mason is up. It has four seasons and I just finished season 2. But, its pretty good so it makes it easier being awake.
Good idea on the tv on the computer thing...but I don't know, our internet cord doesn't allow me to watch on the couch. But I have since discovered that Conan comes on after Martha at 3, then Saved By the Bell is on at 6 and Fresh Prince at 7.but I'm glad you can relate!!
Have you ever read the BabyWise books?? I have GOT to tell you, I just LOVE them! Jaxson started sleeping 4-6 hours at night at about 5 weeks and I swear to you it's because of those books :)
Ahhh. You are giving me flashbacks to Emma. I think I watched "Thoroughly Modern Millie" and "Pride and Prejudice" about 20 times each. Good luck!
I noticed with Katie...the better she slept during the day, the better she slept at night. Every baby is different though and only you know yours well enough to tell. Good luck...I hope it gets better!
Post a Comment