Just to inform those who may be wondering, or who are annoyed that I have to explain what's been going on all the time, here is what the whole medical school status is as of this evening: we wait.
We've known for a while that Creighton put us on their waiting list. I got out the letter today to refresh my mind of the details. After May 15th, they'll go through their UNranked alternate list and decide who to call to fill in the empty spots.
West Virginia also put us on the "list" a few weeks ago. I don't remember the exact details, but based on the interview, MCAT, GPA and all that they give you a priority score. Their coordinator sent me an email today saying that after May 1st they'll start going down their list calling people for spots.
Today, we got a letter in the mail from Nevada, congratulating me on being selected as an "alternate" for the incoming class. Yes, we're a little disappointed, but as I said right after reading the letter it's better than a rejection. It was also comforting when in the letter they told us to "proceed with any financial aid planning...in anticipation of being accepted into medical school." Their admissions coordinator told me a few months ago that they have a ranked list, and that all they can tell us is which third of the list we're on. I called her today, but she's at a conference until the 19th. How convenient.
So, we wait another two months before we might get accepted somewhere. Awesome.
That's the scoop. Another two months of anticipation. I think the Lord is trying to teach me something. That or He doesn't want me to have any excuses for not working hard in my last semester of classes.
4 comments:
Yeah, we're playing the waiting game too. I feel for you. Hang in there, though.
Trent....Uncle Keith here.... Stay positive - by early May this will have sorted itself all out. What a great adventure awaits you, Elizabeth and Will!!!! We are anxious and excited to learn of where you will end up - stay in touch.
Love,
Uncle Keith
Good luck! We're crossing our fingers for you. Who knows where you'll end up. We'll be in the same boat - wondering where we'll end up - next fall. You could play on findyourspot.com while you wait...
We went through all that last year. In fact, one of our top choices didn't get back to us until July. It's an annoying game schools play. All the best!
Post a Comment