Monday, March 28, 2011

2 months

Jonas is two months old! We took him to the doctor and got his first set of shots, and boy was he MAD! I remember when William was a baby we were surprised at how little he cried when he got shots...um, not the case with Jonas!

I guess I'm a bad mom, because I don't remember all of his stats (and they don't give you any sort of print out at this dr. like we've gotten at others), but I do remember that he weighed in at 10 lbs. 13 oz. which is in the 30th percentile. I was just a little surprised, because Trent and I had been talking about how big he was getting, and wasn't he huge, yadda, yadda... and come to find out he'd dropped from the 35th percentile at 2 weeks to the 30th. The doctor didn't seem too concerned about it though, so neither am I. We'll see what happens at his next visit in May. I'm wondering if he'll be like William, and we'll have to start supplementing with formula eventually because he isn't gaining enough weight. We'll see.

We've got that feeling that seems to come to everyone with a newborn. He's already 2 months old! Has it seriously only been 2 months? Haha... I'm still getting used to trying to run a house with a 2 year old and a newborn. I'm sure just as soon as I get it down Jonas will start crawling, and then I'll have to get used to something new! It's interesting juggling all the many activities we could be doing during the day while I'm not busy feeding a baby...should I clean? Nap? Shower? Cook? Sew? Scrapbook? Blog? Play toys with William? Play outside? Go to the park? Invite friends over? Go to a friends house? Go shopping? I just can't squeeze it all in all the time, or other times, I just feel like vegging, or choosing one option over another that is maybe more important... for example, right now, I'm supposed to be cleaning my bathroom and mopping the floors... but instead I've been scrapbooking and blogging. Oh well.

Anyway, back to Jonas. He sure is a doll. He just started smiling recently, though they are still pretty few and far between, and boy does he make us work for them! Needless to say we have yet to capture that on the camera. We love that boy and are sure glad he is part of our family!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

What a cute boy! He and Emmie are almost the same size...she was 10.11.

Don't worry about the cleaning, they won't stay little long and one day you'll be glad you wrote down the memories, you won't remember the dirt on the floor as much anyway.

Love the new blog header!